Our client is Australia's largest integrated cattle and beef producer and is the oldest continuously operating company in Australia.
Today, they own and operate a strategic balance of properties, feedlots and farms comprising around 7 million hectares of land in Queensland and the Northern Territory. This equates to roughly 1% of Australia's land mass.
The business specialises in grain fed beef and Wagyu beef production. They have approximately 1/4 of market share of all Wagyu nationally and this is continuing to grow.
This role will be a customer facing role, you will need to be comfortable working with restaurants and chefs, ideally having experience working as a chef yourself. Due to the national scope of this role, the candidate will need to be comfortable with frequent travel, often visiting rural cattle stations. This individual will need to connect with all members of the organization with a down to earth attitude and a good sense of humor.
Unlike some office bound sales roles the nature of this business and market means that you will be in the traffic and highly connected to customers at a micro level although you will still have the expectation to have a plan based in the Marco trends.
- The Sales Manager is responsible for managing and assisting the channel specific business plans; assisting to achieve account profitability and sales targets.
- They will work collaboratively with other business units to position the business as a market leader in the luxury beef industry in Australia.
- The Sales Manager will serve as the contact for key several customers in the region including understanding the competitive landscape to maximise opportunity and identifying risk for their key accounts.
- The Sales Manager will display and build on new and pre-existing relationships with key end users and key distributor reps.
- They will follow up on leads, referrals and complaints and report results.
- The Sales Manager will contribute to the development of consistent sales processes to ensure integration and achievement of growth objectives.
- Segment customers (current and new) to create a bespoke call cycle for account management and targeted business wins - bear in mind the agility of the market and need to think on your feet
- 5 + years' experience in Territory Management or Business Development experience.
- Demonstrated sales experience in food service or like channel/industry.
- Candidates from a meat/seafood background or competitor landscape are highly attractive.
- Candidates from a food, chef or distributor background and/or in a competitor landscape are highly attractive
- Ability to manage, drive and implement change.
- Must have worked in dynamic, fast paced, high pressure environments.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Sophia Bryant on (02) 80247122for a confidential discussion.