About the company
This Australian owned family business has a long history in the industrial industry and is well established with a head office in Brisbane and is one of the largest wholesalers in there field. Distributing a quality range of brand name products Australia-wide, as well as exporting to New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and United Kingdom
With a strong culture focused on people, our client is looking for a great fit to the team and to help to grow an already establish market leader.
About the role
The Sales Representative operates as the focal point of contact for any and all matters specific to your assigned customer accounts. You will operate autonomously and independently in your territory to manage and develop new business within the existing portfolio of customers, whilst simultaneously seeking out new sales opportunities. This is a strategic role, with a focus on building long term, trust filled relationships. You will connect with key business executives and stakeholders to deliver business solutions based on their needs, liaising between the customers and our internal teams to ensure the timely and successful implementation of these solutions. You will be adept at learning your customers potential, and will continually look to initiate, develop and close sales.
This position reports to the National Sales Manager.
- Achievement of set monthly / quarterly / annual sales targets and objectives on a consistent basis
- Manage your customer portfolio as the focal point for the assigned accounts within your territory
- Demonstrate a strategic awareness and ability to grow and develop your territory through strong customer relations for the long term
- Demonstrate an understanding of and uphold the company culture / values as the frontline person in the business
- Ensure 5* customer service for all customers, whether face to face, via telephone or other medium (e.g. email)
Duties / Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Develop new business within the existing customer network, seeking out opportunities to sell new products, as well as identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to gain market share from competitors
- Develop sales by identifying growth markets, making an initial presentation and explaining the product offering to existing and potential customers
- Identify key business executives and stakeholders, building strong and long-lasting relationships with these stakeholders to meet your strategic business sales objectives
- Undertake daily travel completing site visits to manage the accounts in your territory, including frequent overnight travel as required and applying effective time management to complete your tasks, goals and objectives according to schedule
- Prepare regular reports on your accounts' activities and status, using this information to forecast future sales opportunities, identify lost sales, evaluate customer and product results and monitor competitor offerings.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of current products, including the key features and benefits of these products for the purpose of initiating sales
- Accept ownership for your Accounts, accepting feedback and criticism before proactively working towards addressing feedback, criticism and complaints with a solutions-based approach
- Actively promote the best interests of the business in your daily undertakings with customers and the general public, understanding that you are responsible for upholding the reputation of the business through your actions within your territory
- Collaborate with the wider sales team to identify growth opportunities within the territory and further afield, contributing information freely during scheduled strategy sessions
- Manage challenging and difficult customer requests, concerns, complaints and issues to a resolution, utilising internal escalation points as required
- Work collaboratively with the internal Finance department to ensure the maintenance of accounts within trading terms
- Undertake the required administrative tasks relevant to your role, such as the preparation and submission of itemised, monthly expense reports
- Ensure a professional appearance at all times, including regular cleaning of your motor vehicle to portray yourself and the company in the best light
- Participate in evening and weekend trade shows and events from time to time, representing the company and in collaboration with key customer accounts
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and processes as released
- Undertake any and all other tasks as reasonably required and directed by your manager, or Executive Management Team
As a minimum, successful completion of an Australian Secondary School certificate (Year 12) or equivalent
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Promotions, Sales and Advertising or Business Administration would be highly regarded, along with relevant previous experience and a proven B2B sales background.
Previous experience in B2C sales would also be advantageous.
Possession of a current, Open Australian Drivers licence is essential and required for ongoing employment.
Key Selection Criteria
- A current, Open Australian Drivers licence
- Demonstrated experience in driving sales, meeting targets and providing customer service
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal / communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated high level attention to detail and process
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to the continuous improvement of Company procedures and processes
- Demonstrated sound level computer literacy including MS Office (Particularly Outlook, Word and Excel)
How to apply
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call David Kettle on 07 3153 9911