About the company
Our client is a well-known Australian business with operations and manufacturing based locally within Australia. With a strong consumer focus, the business demonstrates a strong commitment to brand awareness, innovation, creativity, and product development. This is your chance to put your product development, consumer insights and marketing communication skills to the test and join their energetic marketing team in a newly created role.
About the role
The Senior Brand Manager has responsibility for the execution of the marketing brand strategy to deliver both long term and short term commercial objectives. The Senior Brand Manager will manage the annual brand planning process, project management of innovation activities, and integrated marketing communications to help deliver the brands vision & position in market.
- Develop and implement innovative, customer led marketing strategy and category growth brand plans
- Contribution to the development and implementation of the strategic brand plan
- Define Brands Long Term Plan and set clear priorities within the Brand Portfolio
- Define brand strategies: vision, positioning, product mix, investment plan
- Develop and implement the yearly marketing plan
- Lead NPD launches to market
- Develop and implement agreed marketing and sales activities in support of achievement of business objectives and liaise with external agencies as required to achieve this objective
- Provide relevant and insightful inputs coming from analysis, thinking and observations of the market, and participating in strategic workshops
- Focus on supporting activation on core retail business, together with the expanding new channels.
- Analyze market trends and brand opportunities
- Manage and be the owner of an A&P budget and conduct regular reviews with Head of Marketing for alignment on budget allocation to support core/ retail business and new business development opportunities
- Manage the execution of marketing plans to meet strategy including research, ATL / BTL, digital and social communications
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in FMCG marketing
- Experience independently managing a FMCG brand
- Good knowledge and application of Brand Management, Consumer Insights and Innovation
- Experience in delivering NPD from ideation to execution
- A flexible approach to their responsibilities - willing to "pitch in" as required to achieve the outcomes the business is targeting
- Experienced and competent user of data such as IRI and Quantium
- Tertiary qualification in either Business, Marketing / Commerce
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!