This organisation are the backbone of the National Energy Market. They enable energy trading between the three largest states and provide a footing for the competitive wholesale energy market.
The Senior Asset Analyst is accountable for providing data-driven predictive analytics and insights to support sound investment decisions (on both capital and operational) across all asset classes. The role:
- Provides reliable and actionable insights/recommendations on the prescribed network capital investments to enable optimisation of the balance between risk and commercial outcomes on its network assets.
- Leads the development and assessment of automated and intuitive datasets, ensuring these are maintained and up to date for use in the development of asset capital and operating expenditure strategies.
- influence rigorous application of the capital investment processes and governance to maximise investment value.
- Develop strategies, procedures and communication platforms relating to investment performance for all assets, including KPI development.
- Assists in the development of approaches to determine effective trade-offs between capex/opex and risk/cost/performance.
The role requires business acumen, insight, and agility to respond to competitive pressures and developments in both market and industry. The position reports to Asset Works Program Strategy Manager and supports staff in Asset Management.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Specialised professional with demonstrated experience in a similar profession role within the electricity, utility or consulting industries
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Advanced business case, capital investment analysis, and benefits realisation skills, including experience with portfolio optimisation, within an economically regulated infrastructure business
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite of Packages, Particularly Excel, Power Point. Experience in Power BI.
- Ability to understand and experience in database, object orientated and/or event-driven programming may be an advantage
- Solid communication skills including writing and making presentations to a variety of audiences
- Solid interpersonal skills to liaise with customers, management, and technical staff of other organisations, including demonstrated experience effectively managing internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work together with a team of technical specialists and professional staff
For a full job description please contact Alan Claire on 0423 539 040 or alternatively please apply now via the link: