About the client
Our client is a well renowned multi-national FMCG brand with a portfolio of well-loved brands across multiple categories nationally. The business pride themselves on their high performing, results driven culture and their ability to offer employees flexibility, with the team now working within a hybrid WFH / office-based model, as well as their track record of developing and promoting internal talent, giving their employees access to L+D as well as opportunities to move across different roles within the business to build their commercial acumen. Due to a newly created role, there is a rare opportunity to join their team as a Senior Brand Manager.
About the role
Reporting into the Marketing Director, the Senior Brand Manager will take on the ownership of a market leading heritage brand, a clear market leader within its category as well as the management of one direct report (ABM), who you will support, mentor and develop to support their ongoing development and career growth.
This 360 role will see you lead brand, communications and innovation strategy for the ANZ market, working cross functionally and alongside agency partners to deliver, owning a significant A+P budget, P+L ownership and leadership within the IBP process.
Key projects in the role will include the launch of NPD, innovation pipeline development and deliver of major brand equity campaigns. The role has strong internal visibility, seeing you present direct to ELT level regularly due to the importance of the brand for the business.
Skills + Experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field, e.g. Marketing / Communications
- Prior experience operating at Senior Brand Manager level or extensive experience at a Brand Manager level, within FMCG
- Experience with developing brand plans and leading innovation and product development via stage gate
- Experience with TTL communications strategy development, campaign planning and content development for multiple channels via internal creative teams as well as agency partners
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical capability
- Experience with A+P and P+L management
- Exceptional communication, copywriting and presentation skills
- Well-developed project management skills, organisational skills and attention to detail
Culturally, the business prides itself on their team being approachable, collaborative, agile, positive, knowledgeable and supportive. The business is outcomes oriented, seeing employees operate within a flexible a hybrid WFH / office-based model.
This role will best suit a strategically minded, brand and consumer centric candidate with strong commercial acumen and analytical capability. You will be driven, and results oriented in nature and enjoys working within a fast paced and dynamic FMCG environment.
You will pride yourself on your exceptional communication, influence, relationship building and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional environment and partner with local manufacturing partners.
Your leadership style will be focused on mentoring and empowering your team, supporting their ongoing development and growth. You will have a proactive approach, can do attitude and entrepreneurial flair with a love of being hands on in a varied role which leverages your adaptability, project management skills and ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.