About the Company
Our client is a rapidly growing food distribution business based in the South Eastern suburbs. Due to their continued growth through COVID-19, an opportunity for a Senior Buyer has become available to lead the existing buying team.
About the Role
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for coordinating the current team of Buyers and overseeing purchasing of finished goods to ensure the most cost effective and adequate supply of product to their customers.
- Negotiating deals and cost price with suppliers.
- Develop and support promotional activities such as trade shows, supplier presentations, sponsorships and gift catalogues.
- Purchasing of finished goods from local and overseas vendors and managing supplier relationships across your supplier base.
- Stock management - monitoring and replenishing stock-levels across your product portfolio in accordance with company guidelines.
- Identify process improvements and support broader cost saving initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in purchasing finished goods - ideally food or ingredients
- Excellent negotiation skills, and experience negotiating cost price with suppliers
- ERP systems experience - Pronto being advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Management experience would be advantageous
Join a leading food distribution business who values innovation and quality service, and will provide great opportunities to progress your career.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button now.