About the Company
Our client is a food distribution business based in the South Eastern suburbs. Despite the impacts of Covid, the business continues to thrive and all employees are working full time servicing their loyal customer base within the food sector.
About the Role
Reporting into the General Manager, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for overseeing a small team of buyers responsible for the purchasing of food products to ensure the most cost effective and adequate supply of product to their customers.
- Strategic management of key suppliers
- Overseeing a small team of buyers who are responsible for purchasing of finished goods from local and overseas vendors and managing supplier relationships across your supplier base.
- Stock management - Monitoring and replenishing stock-levels across your product portfolio in accordance with company guidelines.
- Identify process improvements and support broader cost saving initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in supplier management of finished goods within the food industry
- Previous experience in purchasing finished goods - ideally food or ingredients
- ERP systems experience - Pronto being advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Click on the Apply button or contact Carl Stephen on 0409888614 for a confidential discussion regarding the role.