About the company
As Australia's market-leader within a highly competitive and growth category, you will be representing one of the strongest portfolios currently in market. They have over 200+ stores across the country with the largest and most loyal following of customers. Dedicated to providing an exceptional customer service experience whilst ensuring they curate and deliver the largest portfolio of on trend brands, specialist advice and competitive prices. The culture is high performing, positive, bubbly and driven with an emphasis on playing hard and winning hard. With strong values and products that give back to the community, this is truly a business that separates itself from its competitors.
About the role
The opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Senior Buyer to come on board and manage the largest portfolio within the business that covers multiple categories. Reporting in to the National Head of Buying, you will have a consumer-centric approach. They are seeking a new breed of buying excellence; an individual who is focused on consumer insights and a compelling and innovative merchandise program that challenges the traditional retail thinking. They love the exhilaration of operating with pace and passion and witnessing their ideas and product come to life in store.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Actively contributing to the development of a seasonal range plan
- Attending overseas fairs, visiting suppliers and identifying new products of commercial merit for inclusion in the range.
- Build ranges that will deliver target GM$ performance and GM%
- Identify new incremental category opportunities and develop plans to maximise business revenue.
- Drive incremental sales through innovation and range development
- Grow market share in line with strategic goals
- Identify new brand and supplier partnerships that can provide growth opportunities; ensuring they have the capability to align with the agreed brand objectives and direction
- Manage and nurture existing supplier relationships to achieve mutual business goals
- Execute the customer-centric category strategy with support from the cross-functional team
- Embed customer-centric innovation into the day-to-day buying operations
- Account for the execution of the category's pricing, promotion, range selection, layout development and product development
- Develop and implement overarching strategy and promotional strategy to drive sales
- Develop briefs to suppliers on product and category requirements for submission to support the marketing promotional offers throughout the year.
- Establish market pricing for core business as well as promotional periods.
- Negotiate annual trading terms with suppliers and their attendance at the annual conference, in line with the corporate objectives.
- Motivating, leading, training and developing team, hands on approach
To be considered for the role
- Prior Senior Buying or Category management role within retail is preferred
- At least 5+ years buying expertise in a FMCG or high-volume retail business preferred
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Have led a small team of Junior buyers or Category Assistants
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and reporting experience
- Awareness of the market, competitors, current & emerging trends
- Ability to develop and maintain effective category action plans in line with business requirements.
- Advanced negotiation skills with a key emphasis on trading terms.
- Ability to develop, manage and enhance working relationships with all stakeholders of the organisation.
- Ability to meet set deadlines and manage conflicting deadlines through effective time management, personal and interdepartmental planning.
- Capable of organising own time and utilising support services to maximise efficiency.
- Strong project and change management skills.
- outstanding influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- proven ability to champion and drive change
- strong financial acumen within a highly commercial environment
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion