About the company
Our client is one of Australia's leading health and beauty companies. Its Pharmacy business provides wholesale distribution, business and marketing services to community pharmacies across Australia, while the Priceline Pharmacy retail business is one of Australia's leading health and beauty companies operating a large retail and franchise pharmacy network. Reporting into the National Head of Buying, this business-critical appointment will be a major contributor to drive category growth across the Ethicals business unit.
About the role
To support the strategic intent, there is an exciting Senior Buying Manager opportunity to lead a small team and manage the category buying function. Your success will be measured through the achievement of the business vision and embedding category management principals to the Ethicals business unit. You will lead the merchandise team to ensure the right product, price and in store to achieve profitable growth by building strong and strategic partnerships with key suppliers. With a strong understanding of the ethical space including all relevant regulatory requirements and a customer centric approach, you will create and deliver a clearly defined and compelling plans to drive growth and gain market share.
With a passion for innovation and identifying future market and customer trends you will lead from the front and create a positive and collegiate environment within the buying team, you will be charged with collectively delivering financial KPI's of Sales, Margin, Income and Stock Turns to drive incremental sales. You will also expand the portfolio and work with commitment to build positive, mutually beneficial relationships with a number of external stakeholders.
- Lead and manage supplier relationships to achieve mutual business goals
- Manage the category to achieve all financial KPI's and the category team ensuring they have the capability and capacity to deliver their KPI's, and cultivate employee engagement
- Managing, coaching and developing an experienced buying team
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in a business-related discipline
- A proven ability to drive cultural and structural change via collaboration and a clear value placed on high performance, quality and service
- Proven experience of delivering positive commercial outcomes within a large business environment and have high level financial management skills
- Minimum of 10 years national buying experience with a minimum of 5 years across the ethical space is essential to be considered for this role
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a Merchandise buying function in a multi-category and multi-lifecycle product experience
- Demonstrated understanding of retail fundamentals (marketing, supply chain, operations and merchandise)
Cultivating a culture where their people take pride in working for our client it is an amazing time to join as positive financial results, a clear vision and significant investment in people and culture make this an engaged and dynamic place to work. Living by the values of respect, initiative, unity and excellence, Priceline Pharmacy has a highly inclusive workforce that embraces and promotes diversity in all respects, including gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability and culture.
- Exceptional work culture
- Contemporary work space and environment in an Eastern suburban location
- Highly attractive financial remuneration
- Significant investment in learning, development, and career coaching
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Jo Krause on (03) 8613 3512.