A reputable agriculture and horticulture industry body is Melbourne is seeking an experienced Senior Communications Advisor to join their Communications team. You will work with the organisation to promote, empower and advocate for industry interests and drive future innovation and growth for the sector.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and part of a small communications team, you will champion the use of digital and online channels to support engagement with local and international audiences by:
- Develop and execute the digital communications strategy
- Crafting engaging written content for weekly industry e-newsletter, industry print publications, social media and digital channels and website.
- Reinventing and repurposing knowledge resources and content to optimise their digital delivery and ongoing use.
- Developing, executing and measuring delivery of digital campaigns and programs
- Growing the website to be the leading industry knowledge hub for consumers, industry stakeholders and broader audiences
- Continue to grow, improve and champion the digital communications toolkit for the organisation, its partners and members
- Develop an understanding of social networks within the industry to ensure a thorough understanding of the industry, its challenges, priorities and opportunities
- You have demonstrated experience as a communications professional or journalist
- A true passion for storytelling that connects to purpose and values. Writer by trade and an eye for a 'story'
- Strong handle on digital channels and related technologies - WordPress, Mailchimp, social platforms
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to capture content and stories
- Experience with content and subject matter across agriculture, horticulture or related industries is highly advantageous
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click on the APPLY button above to submit your application.