- Highly autonomous, varied and busy senior communications role
- Growing health organisation with major investment and projects underway
- Inner suburbs location - great access to public transport
About the Organisation
Our client is one of Melbourne's major health services. With the health and care of their local communities at heart, they are dedicated to providing the best possible outcomes for patients by providing them with premium services. With multiple sites and a large number of capital projects currently underway, it is a new era and an exciting time to join the team.
About the role
This newly created Senior Communications Advisor role reports directly through to the Director of Public Affairs & Stakeholder Relations and will be responsible for the leadership and development of 1 direct report. As a trusted business partner to various divisions across the organisation, the role will involve the development and implementation of communications strategies.
The Senior Communications Advisor will design and deliver on tailored, creative communications plans and develop best-practice initiatives for both internal and external audiences. You will have ownership of wide-ranging activities, including major projects, program launches, and content / collateral creation.
This is an exciting role with a healthy mix of both strategy and execution. You will engage and consult with multiple teams, manage third party service providers and create efficiencies and improvement in communications delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in leading and developing communications strategies particularly in a complex organisational structure
- An ability to coordinate and manage the research, development and implementation of communication plans, issues management and campaign strategies
- Experience advising teams on best practice communications approaches including issues management and stakeholder engagement
- Examples of the development, drafting and editing of high-quality written material including newsletters, feature stories, talking points, opinion columns and other communications materials
- Proven ability to translate complex ideas into easy to understand and engaging language.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to influence and engage stakeholders and strong presentation skills
- An ability to prioritise in an extremely busy and high-performance working environment
- Experience in the development and leadership of a small team
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as communications, public relations or journalism
This extremely rewarding role will ensure that no two days are the same! You will have exposure to wide-reaching projects and programs - all of which you know will be making a positive impact on the health and lives of others. If you have an empathetic nature, with an internal strength to make tough decisions and be the communications expert in a room full of high-profile professionals, this will make for a very exciting career move.
How to Apply
Click the button to submit your application or call Danielle Bennetto on 03 8613 3598 for further detail.