- Permanent Full-Time role / CBD Location
- Be part of a new venture from the ground-up
- Lead strategy in regulatory, compliance and risk
This is an exciting and progressive position for any Senior Compliance Advisor looking to be part of a new venture with the backing of a global business.
About the company
A globally recognised business is launching an industry leading platform. This exciting opportunity will allow the individual to be involved from the get-go in this new business venture with the backing of a global business. Be part of a progressive business who is looking to do things differently.
About the role
The Senior Compliance Advisor reports into the Compliance Manager which sits within the Regulatory Affairs Business Unit and is responsible for developing and implementing regulatory strategies and controls for new products and business activities, preparing, as well as submitting regulatory applications to market bodies/agencies.
This role also involves undertaking compliance risk mitigation activities, analytical risk identification, compliance reporting and tasks, developing compliance objectives and implementing processes and procedures to support the Compliance Framework. The role will interact extensively with internal stakeholders and externally with regulators, peak industry bodies and government departments and officials.
A key responsibility of the role will be leading change and implementation projects. This includes guiding and providing timely expert regulatory advice on existing obligations and advising the business for new and changed regulations. Importantly the role will work with other members of the compliance team to ensure that compliance risk management is robust with adequate mitigation, monitoring and reporting tasks undertaken.
- Be a key project lead on establishing a robust compliance framework for new business activities, providing advice on regulatory requirements and obligations and establishing protocols for compliance
- Lead change and assist in establishing new regulatory processes and monitoring regimes to reduce compliance risk
- Support any regulatory licensing requirements
- Maintain (and enhance where required) compliance and risk management framework for the business
- Provide well informed, well framed, timely and accurate regulatory advice relating to the obligations of energy
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the energy sector highly desirable
- Experience in regulatory project implementation and management
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant industry certificates/training are highly desired
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- You are proactive, adaptive to business requirements and can work autonomously as well as collaborating internally across various teams
- Experience working with internal stakeholders who have competing priorities and to develop shared understanding and responsibility for compliance
- You have demonstrated flexibility, including an ability to respond quickly and decisively to new regulatory compliance risks
- You have a working knowledge and experience of the regulated Australian energy environment and relevant regulatory and compliance obligations including jurisdictional energy regulations, the Australian Privacy Principles and Australian Consumer Law
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker with a high level of investigative and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and an inquisitive attitude
- You are highly organised with advanced time management skills
- You always have a high professional demeanour and presentation
How to apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button.