- $100K-$110K - based in Southwest Sydney, near Campbelltown
- Full-time permanent opportunity
- Potential for growth in business partnering
Looking for an all-rounder Financial Accountant who has leadership experience and an aptitude to develop their business partnering skills.
About the company
Our client is a leading global manufacturing business.
About the role
This full-time, permanent position is based in Southwest Sydney, near Campbelltown. The role reports into the CFO and has two direct reports - AP/AR and a financial accountant. The finance team is responsible for both Australia and New Zealand accounting, so exposure to NZ accounting is a plus. The ERP system being used is a unique system which is complex, so they are looking for someone who is savvy when it comes to systems and software. Our client is looking for someone with 10 years of experience who is CA/CPA qualified, and they are open to industry experience.
This is a hands-on financial accountant role with the opportunity to delve into business partnering. The role encompasses financial, budget and annual reporting, account reconciliation, taxation, statutory obligations, payroll and overall support of the NZ financial operations, as well as management of the AP/AR Officer and NZ financial accountant.
Skills and experience
- Accounting qualifications CPA or CA, with at least on the job 10 years' experience
- Accounting standards and regulatory knowledge
- Experience analysing complex financial reports and making recommendations based on financial analysis and critical thinking
- Experience reviewing journal entries, performing variance analysis and preparing reconciliations
- Experience in driving / managing financial and tax audits
- Systems/Software savvy
- An eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills and consistent quality of work is required
- Great time management and efficient working practices
- Open to any industry background