About Greater Western Water
We're a Victorian government owned water corporation that provides water and wastewater services. Our service area stretches from Melbourne's city centre through to Lancefield in the north and Bacchus Marsh in the west and is home to some of the fastest-growing communities in Australia. We exist to provide Melbourne's growing west with one of life's most vital elements: water.
About the opportunity
The Senior Manager Communications and Engagement is a senior member of the Greater Western Water Senior Leadership Team and reports directly to the General Manager of Strategy and Partnerships. The role works to understand GWW's customers, community and stakeholders and generates content and interactions that build trust and enhance GWW's reputation. The Senior manager is responsible for:
- developing and implementing media and communications strategies, campaigns and publications to promote GWW
- protecting and promoting GWW's reputation, and efficiently and creatively managing GWW's brand, media outreach, campaigns and associated communications activities
- developing and implementing strategies to engage deeply with customers, community and stakeholders on the services GWW provides
- leading the GWW Communications and Engagement Community of Practice and ensuring that external communications and engagement needs and opportunities are realised. This role has 3 direct reports, and 15+ indirect reports; a team that will continue to grow.
- develop and implementing innovative media, social media and digital communications strategies for external audiences. The position will also identify, develop, manage and leverage new communication opportunities for the benefit of customers and community.
The role builds and maintains strong relationships with key external stakeholders and provides strategic communications advice to GWW's leaders and staff to promote the corporation and protect its reputation. The role supports the executive and Managing Director with strategic communications advice.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline and/or equivalent experience in a senior strategic communication role (minimum ten years).
- Demonstrated experience in a similar senior strategic communications, marketing and engagement roles within complex, stakeholder rich environments
- Senior leadership experience with ability to engage and interface with Executive team and Board regularly
- Knowledge of contemporary media and communications mediums and an ability to apply such knowledge to complex issues and a wide audience
- Ability to develop a broad network of media contacts in health, science and education media
- Strong marketing and communications experience building or managing a portfolio of brands, with an understanding of the platforms, channels and strategies that reach target audiences and drive brand performance
- Proven track record in leading a mid-size high-performing team, with proven coaching and mentoring skills to drive success and a strong service ethos
- Purposeful face-to-face connection enables our people to foster great relationships and build our Greater Together culture - find the best combination of hybrid work to suit both you and GWW
- Flexible work arrangements, job share opportunities and a 19 day month
- Life insurance and salary continuance coverage, and access to corporate health insurance deals with major providers
- View our benefits/policies & the great work we do through WORK180
Our commitment to you
We celebrate diversity and commit to fostering a flexible and inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued, respected and engaged. The community we serve come from all walks of life and so do we, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes Greater Western Water stronger.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion.
Kindly note: Employment of successful candidates will be subject to a National Police Check. Successful applicants will also be required to provide evidence of immunisation records for COVID-19 in line with the Public Health Directions.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.