Carers Victoria is the not-for-profit and peak agency for unpaid carers in Victoria. They are passionate about leading change and action to improve the lives of carers by representing and supporting them. They connect carers with a range of state-wide services including support services, counselling, advisory and carer education to help carers navigate the different challenges they may face. The organisation works closely with Carers Australia and the network of Carer Associations in each state and territory to improve the lives of carers throughout Australia.
Their vision is for Victorians to value and support all carers.
The Sector Leadership and Innovation function drives the capability and capacity of the community services sector through networking, information and knowledge sharing and service development. It embeds strategic relationships across the community and carer sector to inform and influence capability in supporting carers and creating strong working relationships.
Reporting to the General Manager of Carers Voice & Capacity, the Manager Sector Leadership and Innovation will take the lead role in representing the organisation and fostering relationships with government policy makers and the community.
The role is accountable for sector and academic partnerships, research and evidence base. It also oversees sector and service provider capacity building, service development and projects, carer advisory panels, and committee and advisory group representation.
- Lead and manage Carers Victoria's Policy and Research Agenda. Identify emerging social issues requiring strategic policy responses and propose ways to address those issues appropriately
- Proactively identify and develop positive relationships with influential government, corporate and community service stakeholders as part of Carers Victoria's wider engagement strategy.
- Drive the organisation's approach to capturing, analysing and leveraging data and insights to inform research, policy and influence at state and federal level.
- Manage the Sector Leadership and Innovation team of three, as well provide leadership support to the Manager, Service Development & Project Delivery group
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Professional qualifications in Applied Research, Health and Human Services Research, Marketing Research, or Social Research or an equivalent discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior Policy and Advocacy position
- Knowledge and understanding of the Carer Services, Aged Care, NDIS, Mental Health sectors, including key reforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of and capacity to analyse complex policy and environmental changes and develop recommendations to inform decision making.
- Strong understanding of the workings of governments, including policy cycles, combined with proven high-level government relations experience.
- High level networking skills with a range of stakeholders, including business and community service organisations and government departments.
- Creative thinking and proven ability to identify opportunities for service growth and improvement, utilising research, data and insights.
WHY WORK WITH CARERS VICTORIA?
Carers are at the heart of everything they do; they are passionate about providing all carers with a holistic service. They draw pride and strength from their diversity and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people. You will also have access to salary packaging, learning & development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, EAP and wellbeing initiatives such as; mindfulness sessions and social club events.
HOW TO APPLY
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click the APPLY button and follow the links to submit your application. Kindly note, the recruitment of this role is being exclusively managed by Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive. Applications will be reviewed week commencing 11th January. If you would like to have a confidential discussion prior to applying, Lauren Madden will be available from 11/01/21 on 03) 8613 3547.
Back to job search