About the Company
Established Australian manufacturer of water heaters and tapware. The company manufactures here locally in Australia.
About the Role
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be leading a team of 3 mechanical design engineers. You will not only be the technical point of escalation for everything on a mechanical design engineering side, but will also be responsible for running a high volume of NPD projects simultaneously. This is an end to end product development lifecycle role. You will take projects from concept/ideation, through to modelling, prototyping, all the way through to manufacture. The timeline for our projects are relatively quick for a physical product.
- Lead a small engineering team of 3 mechanical design engineers.
- Develop and mentor engineers from a technical perspective.
- 3D CAD design and 2D drawings (SolidWorks).
- Technical documentation.
- Design and implement test and validation systems.
This role reports to the Product Development Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in an engineering management leadership role.
- Tertiary degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent industry experience in a product design or development role.
- Demonstrated experience working with appliances, refrigeration, water or any assembly type manufacturing is ideal.
- Having a "design for manufacture" mindset is critical for success in this role.
- Experience with 3D design software such as Solidworks, CATIA or similar.
- Experience with a document management software would be highly regarding.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence other stakeholders inside the organisation.
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview (Video) with Product Development Manager - Technical Interview
- 2nd Round Interview (Video) with HR - Behavioural Interview
- Psychometric Testing
- Offer to start
Click on the APPLY button if you are interested.