Our client is a service based organisation delivering utilities services to thousands of Victorians in the east. They have an excellent reputation for culture and performance and value staff contributions greatly. They have issues management strategies and plans firmly in place and have positive relationships with local and state media. They are seeking an immediately available Media Adviser to join their team for an initial 3 month contract. There is a possibility for extension and ongoing work for the right candidate.
This role requires a media relations/public affairs professional who is happy to operate at strategic and operative levels. A high level stakeholder role, you will navigate both internal and external stakeholders to deliver both proactive and reactive media strategies to the public. The role requires a strong writer to deliver media releases, as well as a calm nature, to manage any high level issues that may come up. You will work with senior stakeholders through to local and state media representatives to deliver multi-channel external communications (including social media platforms).
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will be immediately available, and have:
- 5+ years experience in managing media for a complex organisation
- Preferably experience in government, services or utilities in an external facing role
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong knowledge of social media management
- Ability to manage local and state media for both proactive stories and issues management
- Strong stakeholder management skills
This role is based in the Eastern Suburbs and has onsite parking
Please click the Apply Now button or contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518