Our client is a reputable health charity based in Victoria. They are renowned for their research and support programs, leading the way in reducing the impact of several health challenges effecting the Australian community.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Media & Communications Advisor to join their team. Due to ongoing restrictions, the role will commence in a working-form-home capacity, until it is safe to return to their office in Melbourne inner city. Hybrid/Flexible working available.
Kindly note, this role is a 2 year Fixed Term contract, with probable extension.
About the Role
As a member of the Media & Communications team, the Senior Media & Communications Advisor will plan and implement communications, media and engagement activities to achieve the key strategic priorities of their dedicated program area.
You will produce well written content, tailored to a variety of audiences and channels. You will provide and drive strategic media and communications advice to maximise opportunities to engage with the community and key stakeholders. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage media enquiries and actively seek opportunities to drive conversation on relevant issues
- Understanding of advocacy and the political landscape relevant to your program area
- Produce and deliver a diverse range of high-quality communication advice and content, including press releases, web copy, social content and engagement]
- Work closely with key Program, Policy and Research teams to support their efforts
- Management of one direct report, a part-time communications resource
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience in a fast paced media and communications position. You will have demonstrated experience developing advocacy and behaviour change content across multiple channels, as well as engaging media and PR activities. Previous leadership experience is required, or proven capability to mentor/guide junior staff member. Previous experience delivery communications, advocacy and engagement activities within a public/community health setting is essential, as well as experience engaging with CALD audiences.