Up for a challenge? Could you combine a passion for tourism and customer engagement with the ability to safely manage one of the world's longest cableways whilst promoting the virtues of the ancient rainforest it traverses?
Based in fast-growing Cairns, our client is a unique rainforest attraction that has built on its success to become a world leader in sustainable tourism and the delivery of an award-winning visitor experience. The company has an impeccable track record which matches its significant, perpetual investment in quality and safety.
We are looking for a proven, visitor focused leader to take on a diverse senior role with responsibility for a number of departments including cableway operations, health and safety and environmental management. Most importantly, you will have an outstanding, positive attitude and be willing to listen, learn and teach others in turn.
This isn't an office job! You will need to be prepared to roll-up your sleeves and take the lead in inspiring a team of excellent managers and frontline team to deliver a world-class visitor experience 364 days of the year.
The role would suit a well-rounded leader with experience gained in the tourism or leisure sector, however, a strong management background in any customer facing environment would be considered.
Importantly, the individual who takes on this role will need to possess the potential to understand basic mechanical and engineering concepts and an ability to create, implement and administer operational procedures and policies.
A career path towards genuine 2ic status and general management is on offer.
If you're up for a unique challenge and wish to work for one of the Queensland tourism industry's most iconic brands, this job in the tropics is for you.
- Proven leadership and planning skills combined with passion and self-motivation.
- Qualifications in management, business and/or operations management.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced tourism or comparable service environment.
- Proven experience developing and administering policies, practices and procedures.
- Proven experience in occupational health and safety.
- Motivation to drive continuous improvement.
- Willingness to work outdoors and at heights.
- Demonstrated ability to take on significant responsibility and work under pressure.
This position is hands-on and will require work on weekends and public holidays. Remuneration and hours of work will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on experience.
If you have the skills and experiences and believe this sounds like the right role for you, please click Apply Now or contact Jonathan Hall on 07 3153 9903.