Due to market demand, our client who prides itself on being proactive and innovative in developing new markets continues to experience solid growth across APAC and are now seeking a commercially focused person to join their product team.
About the company
Join this leading Australian manufacturer and wholesaler who have over 50 years experience in manufacturing high-volume engineered hardware products across industries as diverse as Construction, Retail Hardware, Industrial Manufacturing and Oil & Gas. As the largest company in its field, employing over 300 people, with over 15 distribution centres across ANZ and another two international manufacturing operations, it has the resources and capabilities of a public company with the flexibility of a private one.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing & Procurement, who has over 25 years of industry experience, this position works alongside a local established support team responsible for assisting in Product Management, Demand Planning, Purchase Orders, Graphic Design, Marketing and Distribution.
The core responsibilities:
- Identification of new product opportunities through market insights, research and analysis.
- Drive NPD and Category Management from inception to commercialisation.
- Sourcing and managing a large portfolio with a high volume SKU count across domestic and overseas manufacturers.
- Undertake regular visits to major client/customers to verify the attainment of customer satisfaction.
- Build strong customer and supplier relationships, whilst providing technical advice and support.
- Attend local and international Trade Shows, Workshops, and Industry Conferences.
Key skills and experience:
- A high degree of commercial acumen. (i.e. excellent communication skills, businesses development, contract negotiation, product specification and marketing skills)
- Degree qualifications are essential and further industry related studies such as APICS or CIPSA will be considered favourably.
- A proven ability in Product Development, International Sourcing and Supplier/Procurement Management.
- Preferably at least 10 years experience working in the product development space, with a high level understanding of design, innovation, stage gate process and commercialisation.
- Experience working within Hardware, Construction, Industrial or Building Material Markets would also be an advantage.
The culture is open, supportive and based on trust which allows for flexibility, autonomy, independence (think outside the box) and a strong collaborative working environment, the making ingredients for a high-performing team.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button or contact Phillip Ferreira on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillipferreira/ for a confidential discussion.