About the company
This global top tier R&D driven pharmaceutical manufacturer is of great significance to Australia, providing essential products that improve health outcomes on a large scale. A well-known company on the world stage, their people are driven by their mission to make life better for people everywhere, and through their large teams of highly skilled people, they deliver to the highest of standards. Excitingly, they are scoping a landmark new manufacturing plant construction project which will represent a monumental step forward for their local operations
About the role
The Senior Project Director ultimately has the overall accountability for the successful delivery of the engineering, validation, regulatory and operational readiness for the construction of a new greenfield pharmaceutical site. This is a leadership and influencing role which is the face of the project both internally and externally for stakeholders ranging from senior management and the steering committee through to the board; it is a strategic role that anticipates all risks and requirements necessary for the seamless start up and operation of the new plant and leads large teams to implement solutions, including building the site, getting products to market, operational readiness, raw material availability and supply, resourcing, union engagement, leading regulatory audits, as well as the highest level of financial and schedule accountability.
We're looking for a seasoned leader in pharmaceutical operations who has had significant project or transformation exposure:
- Relevant tertiary degree (likely engineering or science)
- Established background in pharmaceutical (or possibly medical device) manufacturing operations
- Experience leading large transformation projects and change agendas
- Demonstrated Project Management credentials with exposure to significant capital expenditure
- Ability to lead operations, engineering and technical teams in the delivery of large programs of work
- Ability to map out complex long horizon objectives and distil into actionable short and medium-term plans
- Razor sharp focus and prioritisation, able to anticipate risks and trends
- Highly organised, well presented, clear and concise communicator
Why should you apply?
If the above sounds like it is a description of you, then this is your chance to take ownership of what is clearly one of the most significant projects ever delivered in the Australian pharmaceutical industry. Opportunities like this one are potentially career defining and are seldom advertised to the external market
This role is highly confidential, suitable candidates would be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement once engaged into the recruitment process. We will try to be as informative as we can be, but some key details will need to be withheld initially.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan for a confidential discussion on 03 8613 3551. As always, discussions will be held in the strictest of confidence.