About the company
Our client is a truly globally recognised brand and a world leader within its respective industry. Essential to our communities they strive to deliver world class performance and be recognised internationally as a leader within the manufacturing space. Due to continued growth they are now looking to add an additional head as a Project Engineer - Electrical & Controls to join their APAC CAPEX team.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Process Engineering APAC, the key driver of your role will be to drive and execute the support of electrical, robotic systems, controls of capital engineering automation projects across the APAC region.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of robotics, networking, vision, controls, PLC, electrical, and mechanical standards.
- Lead Process Engineering in the development and launch of Capital Expenditure projects in ANZ.
- Ensure newly deployed automation delivers successful short-term targets and achieves long term budgeted performance
- Continue to develop and build and internal brand with relevant stakeholders as well as manage strong relationships with external suppliers and contractors.
- Develop and coordinate maintenance and spare parts systems that allow visibility of performance across the APAC service centre network.
- Track and report progress of projects under execution against project deliverables.
- Provide or source technical support for plant automation equipment, when needed in the event of downtime incidents.
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills in order to drive change and improvements.
- Experience leading maintenance activities and projects within a high passed environment, FMCG being preferred.
- Strong experience in fault finding, programming and designing of PLC's, (Rockwell).
- Sound knowledge implementing new systems (SCADA).
- A grasp of continuous improvement and reliability would be advantageous.
- Proven background in electrical work with an electrical licence being an advantage.
- A demonstrated and proven background of leading large teams across a large number of sites.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
This business is currently investing in the new guard of future leaders, thus there is significant opportunity to set your career up via training and development.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Steven McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc 17105