This diverse role has been created to increase their profile through media and communications, working with proactive and reactive media.
- Exciting and fascinating role with media relations & comms strategy
- Western suburbs location / multi-site
- Health sector / Full time / Perm role
About the company
Our client is one of Melbourne's major health services located in the Western suburbs. With the health and care of their local communities at heart, they are dedicated to providing the best possible outcomes for patients by providing them with premium services. With multiple sites and a large number of capital projects currently underway, it is a new era and an exciting time to join the team.
About the role
The Senior Public Affairs Adviser is a permanent full-time role. The role is based in the Western suburbs within the health sector. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of major communication strategies and providing high level media liaison advice and support across the organisation. You will build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for storytelling. You must have a high degree of expertise in complex media issues and the capacity to develop interesting and creative ways to tell the stories. You will support the team in promoting communication both internally and externally through a variety of channels and lead significant components of the organisation's media strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for storytelling
- Assist with issues management alongside internal stakeholders
- Develop communication plans and materials for online (web and social media) and offline channels
- Developing and pursuing media strategies to secure positive coverage and identify and develop strategic media campaigns
- Assist with and respond to crisis management
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in complex and large organizations, with experience in health desirable
- Background in PR, Media and Communications is essential
- Demonstrated a track record of success in a complex, fast-paced work environment
- Media management experience and strong media relations and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Experience creating exception story-telling content
- Proven ability to produce communication strategies and develop innovative responses to communication challenges
- A proven understanding of the requirements of media and a track record of managing complex and controversial media matters
- Demonstrated experience in communications for social media
- A degree in journalism, communications or marketing or in a related field
How To Apply
Click to apply, or contact Katie Newman on 03 8613 3599 for a confidential career discussion.