About the company
Our client is a large public healthcare organisation headquartered in Victoria. Due to Covid 19, the organisation's supply chain and procurement function has experienced significant demand and increased pressure resulting in a number of newly created contract roles.
About the role
The Senior Purchasing Officer will be responsible for the following activities
- Procuring consumables and medical products from local and international suppliers in a timely and cost-effective way
- Building strong relationships with suppliers locally and internationally
- Providing analytics to identify cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities
- Inventory management
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the strong potential to become permanent.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience
- Minimum 4 years of purchasing experience gained from healthcare, FMCG or pharmaceutical industries
- Ideally some experience within supply chain including inventory management, demand planning or S&OP
- Strong analytics with some experience in procurement modelling / cost analysis
- Strong supplier management / negotiations skills
- Degree qualified
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link below, or call Christine Armadass on 0401855685.
Please note this is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the strong potential to become permanent.