About the Company
Join this iconic ASX listed organisation and help them achieve their goals of greater product innovation and product expansion. With a global footprint and more than 3000 employees around the world this company sees technology and product innovation as the future.
About the Role
Would you like your research outcomes to be impactful and lead to greater product innovation and customer value?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist with a passion for materials science or chemistry to join a global R&D team.
The ideal candidate will be performance driven, innovative and enjoys collaborating with like-minded people.
As Senior Research Scientist, you will be part of a global R&D team where you can provide scientific leadership, develop, and pursue the latest research in composite building products and drive innovation.
The Core Responsibilities
- Conduct literature reviews through independent research to develop new concepts resulting in improved, new, or differentiated products
- Use DOE to design and conduct experiments in mechanical or chemical laboratories to test for fibre cement properties: mechanical strength, durability, raw material composition
- Make sound recommendations to R&D leaders and the business based on solid data and in alignment with business strategy
- Drive the delivery of all technical tasks for a project from concept to implementation and handover to product development which includes preparation and testing of samples including analysis, reporting and presentation of data.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cement, polymer or composite materials
- Knowledge and/or experience in material property and performance characterization using mechanical, physical, and/or chemical testing/analysis, computational/analytical modelling of materials properties. Plus working knowledge ofcharacterisation techniques, for example FTIR, SEM, XRD/XRF, QUV, thermal analysis and/or mechanical testing
- Demonstrated experience in applying statistical techniques to evaluate data and make decisions, with the ability to problem solve using a scientific yet practical approach
- PhD in Materials Science and/or Chemistry, with at least 6 years relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional projects while coaching and mentoring others.
- Demonstrated critical and agile thinking, with the ability to conceptualise ideas and articulate concepts in a consultative manner
The business prides itself on a culture of collaboration and innovation; where Smart, Driven and Real people can thrive. One of the core values is to operate with respect.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sandy Tuckwell on 0413 133 255