About the Company
Six Degrees Executive have partnered with a leading global energy business who are committed to helping its customers to reduce their environmental footprint. They supply energy solutions across electricity, gas, environmental products and energy productivity. This role will see you based in their Melbourne CBD office.
About the role
Reporting to the delivery lead, this particular position involves working on the Customer Portal, which is a key component of their strategic differentiation. Also, this business embraces the DevOps model, and so the Senior Software Engineer will be required to not only develop new features with ongoing support and maintenance in mind, but also to actively participate in product support and remediating technical debt.
- Excellent engineering skills across a range of technologies (full stack with a focus on UI). Specific skill areas include:
- Deep experience with Django web framework (and python)
- Awareness and understanding of the benefits of coding 'abilities': readability, maintainability, observability.
- Understanding of secure coding practices in various layers of the stack (OWASP)
- Experience with vanilla JS, jQuery, bootstrap, old-school AJAX and/or exposure to one modern framework (vue.js, angular, react).
- Strong RDBMS skills with at least one area of expertise: data modelling, triggers, readable SQL, SQL tuning, indexes, database monitoring, workload optimisation, AWS RDS (postgreSQL)
- Experience working with AWS Cloud environment:
- AWS certified (minimum Developer - Associate) or be progressing towards certification
- Demonstrated experience with production workloads in AWS
- Awareness of AWS Well Architected Framework will be well regarded
- Agile maturity including knowledge of Scrum and XP practices as well as an ability to coach.
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud solutions and how these can be applied to complex enterprise systems.
- Experience with a variety of architectural patterns, including Microservices and event-driven platforms.
- Experience applying integration technologies, including messaging middleware and modern API-driven approaches.
- Experience breaking down legacy monolithic systems to transition to modern architectures
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested, please click on the APPLY button or call Elle on 0490 062 421