Our client is an industrial services business with a national footprint and head office in Melbourne. Currently on a journey of organisational transformation they are looking to add a Senior Procurement Manager to lead a to work on a variety of indirects project on a 12-month FTC
About the role
Reporting to Head of Procurement your mandate will be to develop and execute sourcing strategy including contract negotiation. Key categories of focus will include logistics/freight, IT, indirects, construction projects. You will also be responsible for:
- Providing mentorship and guidance to a small team of category managers
- Ensuring the appropriate levels of procurement process and governance is maintained across all sourcing projects
- Raising the profile of the procurement function to improve the service offering to the business and delivering business objectives around cost reduction and supplier management
- Setting strategic sourcing plans to give structure and focus around deliverables
About the candidate
You will be a senior procurement professional with a proven track record across strategic sourcing, implementing procurement best practice and managing/influencing senior stakeholders. The successful candidate will ideally have spent time in a large consultancy and bring that approach to the business.
- The ability to hit the ground running in a contract role, and play a hands-on role to deliver significant cost savings
- Commercially astute with experience managing sourcing initiatives across a complex business and supplier base
- Strong procurement project management background around systems, structure and supplier rationalisation
- Results orientated approach to improving business performance and working collaboratively with suppliers
Please apply on the link below or call Carl Stephen on (03) 8613 3519 to discuss the role in more detail.