About the Company
Our client is an ASX listed, specialty retail distributor supplying across Australia. They have a full time opportunity for a Senior Warehouse Manager in their Brisbane DC to grow and develop through the business.
About the Role
This role is a key position reporting to the GM. This is a high-volume site so experience in a retail DC environment will be critical. Working with an experienced team, you will be accountable for shaping the culture, SOPs, training & direction of the warehouse in order to reach agreed strategic, cost based and performance levels. This responsibility includes leading, coaching and developing all warehouse staff.
The Role will Involve;
- Work to develop systems and coordinate cycle counts in order to ensure the integrity of inventory being held at all stock locations, through identifying & investigating all stock discrepancies and reporting as required
- Lead operational staff to ensure procedures are being followed and lead to efficient and accurate operational activity
- Work with procurement teams to ensure full & on time supply of stock
- Prepare budgets for the warehouse team and manage cost vs budget
- Develop strategies to increase the efficiency of the warehouse operation, as well as systems & training to improve skill levels, accuracy & process speed
- Monitor & ensure adherence to relevant OHS & IR legislation, as well as quality, regulatory & compliance requirements
- Contract negotiation and management of suppliers & sub-contractors, as well as manage Chep/Loscam inventory & equipment
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A collaborative approach to influencing stakeholders across functional departments
- Experience in a large structured, business navigating export functions
- A willingness to drive best practice and lead functional and structural change
- Proven experience driving change in a DC environment
Please apply on the link below or call Dan Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.