Six Degrees Executive are excited to be working exclusively with the University of Queensland (UQ) as they embark on an exciting journey to revolutionise their student journey. Founded in 1909, UQ has carved out and established an enviable reputation as one of Australia's leading institutions; globally ranked in the top 50, UQ continuously strives for excellence with their overarching vision to inspire knowledge leadership for a better world.
About the project
The main aim of the CX transformation program is to develop and deliver a world-class Customer Experience for all of the University's key stakeholder groups. Historically, management of digital assets for the university has been organic. This new way of working will ensure engagement at each touch point, optimising and capitalising on every opportunity for growth.
Being an enterprise wide digital Customer Experience transformation program, proven experience within "greenfield" projects, or significant integration programs would be expected. A great understanding of mar-tech and end to end lead nurturing will be very relevant for the role. There is significant investment in this CX set up; with that comes the expectation that applicants would be technically very savvy, across multiple stacks and tools, and skilled in human centred design.
As part of this transformation an exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEO/SEM Specialist, reporting directly to the Digital Marketing Manager
- Perform keyword research in coordination with faculty objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Recommend and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals - general and keyword specific.
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on university projects.
- Support the creation and marketing content to socialise and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers) via social communities in coordination with SEO goals.
- Implement link-building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance University goals.
- Build and manage relationships with third party suppliers to ensure both technology and strategic consultancy are optimised for long-term goals.
- Develop and implement sophisticated SEO strategies for the brand in collaboration with the Digital team.
- Take a hands-on approach to keyword research, page optimisations, link building and content development.
- Conduct search audits to analyse search performance across several market verticals.
- Regularly analyse competitor activities to appraise backlink strategies to identify opportunities.
- Ensure SEO strategies compliment social content strategies to maximise content exposure.
- Work collaboratively with an experienced Digital team and contribute to the planning and development of content generation ideas and activities.
This is a full-time, continuing appointment at HEW Level 7. The total remuneration package, including employer superannuation contributions of up to 17%, will be in the range $97,851 - $106,879 p.a. The University of Queensland offers competitive options including salary sacrificing, on campus childcare, leave packaging and discounted private health insurance, as well as many other benefits. This position is based in Toowong, close to excellent public transport connections. You would be expected to attend the St Lucia campus for meetings as required, taking advantage of UQ's free frequent shuttle bus.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Christopher Southcote-Want on 07 3153 9906
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants