About the Company
Our client is global food manufacturer supplying Australia and exporting around the world. They have a full time opportunity for an experienced Production Team Leader in their Sunshine Coast plant to grow and develop through the business.
About the Role
This role is a key position leading a team of 20 production staff. This is a high-volume site so experience in a similar high volume food production environment will be critical. Working with an experienced team, you will have a focus on leadership and driving plant optimisation, whilst still ensuring product quality and delivery is met on an ongoing basis to ensure the organisation delivers on its safety, reliability and productivity targets.
The Role will Involve;
- Set the direction of shift team and ensure overall performance of area of responsibility and development of the team to meet KPI's and objectives for productivity, quality, safety, food safety, sanitation, GMPs, internal customer service, process reliability.
- Identify and action continuous improvement opportunities and problem-solving activities with consideration and ability to utilize cross-functional teams (CCI, NPD/TPM).
- Ensure product and activity aligns to budget and operational compliance standards by ensuring the necessary means and equipment are available and that utilization of equipment available is functional and safe. Responsible for process reliability and KPI monthly reporting.
- Complete safety audits to investigate and communicate root cause analysis, including recommending and implementing resolutions. Promotion of a 'culture of care'.
- Responsible for rostering, timecard approval, resource allocation, and participation in the on-boarding and early development of team members.
- Ensure key information is communicated effectively to team members and escalated to relevant levels of the organization and cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong leadership experience, having managed teams to drive performance in line with company goals and values
- A collaborative approach to influencing stakeholders across functional departments
- Experience in high volume food production, ideally in large, structured business using SAP
- A willingness to drive best practice and lead functional change
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader in the FMCG sector in a leadership position, with opportunities to grow and develop your career in the picturesque Sunshine Coast.
Please apply on the link below or call Daniel Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.