About the company
Our client is a global consumer goods business that introduces disruptive innovation to the industry whilst holding category captaincy across their retail network. With a key objective to communicate the brand's unique value proposition, whilst optimising customer experience and acquiring market share, challenging the status quo every step of the way, the business has solidified themselves as a premium brand in market.
Due to significant growth in market, the business is introducing a newly created shopper marketing function, with the view to grow to a team of four with the Shopper Marketing Manager at the helm.
About the role
You will lead a team of four to deliver excellence in retail execution, category performance and shelf optimisation enhancing customer experience.
This fast-paced role will be responsible for bringing to life disruptive campaigns and to deliver best in class in store experience and activations through their JBP's within their retailer network. Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, the Shopper Marketing Manager will work closely with marketing colleagues across Channel, Brand, Communications, Insights, Digital and Product.
In this role, you will also develop occasion-based marketing strategies, while also working with agency partners to deliver BTL projects. You will lead omni-channel activations and leverage U&A, consumer immersions and shopper insights to help make recommendations. In addition, this role will require collaboration and leadership as you will be required to support the field sales team in executing activations.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Commerce, Communications, Business, or related discipline.
- Significant senior level marketing and commercial management leadership experience (6-8 years)
- Experience in either sales, category, marketing and/or shopper/trade marketing (either agency or client side), with FMCG or Retail Marketing preferred
- Proven track record in delivering innovative and creative retail strategies that drive brand and business growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and improve yourself and the business
- Business acumen: strong commercial and analytical approach with proven track record of making smart decisions driven by data and insights balanced with a strong sense of brand strategy
- Ability to sell a broad vision and engage people along the way
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with brand partners and managing key commercial relationships
This role will be well suited to a proactive, consumer centric candidate with a can-do attitude and hands on approach.
You will have strong stakeholder, project management and influence skills with the ability to bring stakeholders on the journey with you. You will enjoy working collaboratively in a cross functional environment as well as with external suppliers. You will be comfortable to manage ambiguity as well as challenging the status quo and thinking outside the square, driving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
Internally, the team enjoy a culture driven by quality, innovation, and exceptional customer experience. The business is proud of their collaborative culture and their investment into learning and development, celebrating wins, building strong teams and career development.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!