Our client is a global Packaging business with an excellent reputation for quality. They have a large volume of globally recognised clients and provide a niche product, with excellent levels of innovation.
The role reports to the Managing Director for ANZ and is responsible for but not limited to the management of production, quality, engineering, safety, maintenance and warehouse functions, with direct ownership of performance and the results that impact the profitability of the business.
- Leadership of all production, quality, maintenance and warehouse functions including day-to-day manufacturing processes.
- Leadership of all performance, efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness outcomes in line with budget.
- Drive a cost focused approach through the business that allows continued cost reduction strategies to be delivered.
- Deliver cultural change within all areas of responsibility that brings engagement, involvement and positive outcomes.
- Establish a KPI's focused report structure across all supervisors to drive performance
- Collaborate with the management team to drive a safety culture throughout the business.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture that delivers costs savings and performance improvement.
- Work with IT, Supply Chain and Accounts to develop the reporting requirements of the business and corporate to minimize the time spent analyzing data.
- Work with the engineering manager and your broader team to build a solid preventative maintenance program and improve reliability of equipment.
The Successful Candidate
- Tertiary qualified in an Engineering, Science or Manufacturing discipline coupled with experience in a fast-paced Packaging environment.
- A proven history of building a high-performance culture, with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a dynamic and changing workforce, as well as being able to work well under pressure
- Previous experience in managing union activity and negotiating EBA's
- Budget preparation and management experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company at an exciting period of growth.
For a confidential discussion please call Stephen Montague on 02 8024 7144 or apply via the appropriate link.