About the company
This ASX listed organisation is an industrial processing business with a huge success story. A relatively new entrant into the sector, they are a disruptor with a focus on family values, investing in high tech processing capability and driving world class standards for environment and sustainability. Due to an internal relocation, there currently exists a fantastic career opportunity to lead the newest and most advanced processing facility across the Victorian network.
About the role
The Site Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient management of end to end operations of the flagship Melbourne processing facility running 2 shifts, Monday to Friday and an extended Saturday morning shift. The role is primarily accountable for the performance of over 50 staff, through regular and open lines of communication including providing feedback, coaching and training whilst maintaining standards for safety, environment, quality and operations performance. Other specific responsibilities will include:
- Labour Resourcing and rosters
- Performance of all fixed and mobile processing equipment
- Throughput and recovery rates
- Management of stock levels, incoming and outgoing
- Traffic management i.e. Monitoring of all vehicles entering and leaving site, including the collection of data and information as required.
- Plan, supervise and monitor employees and the work of any subcontractors
- Plan and prioritise work and efficiently organise the plant and sites facilities in order to meet agreed timeframes.
- Work collaboratively with the maintenance team to ensure all assets and facilities are well maintained and operational, maximising up time.
- Work with Operations teams on continuous improvement, focusing on making the site safer and more productive.
Skills & Experience
This is a rare opportunity to lead a highly automated industrial processing facility as the Site Manager. The site is fast paced and dynamic and requires a leader who is adaptable, decisive, a strong problem solver and forward planner who can plan effectively and forecast potential issues before they arise. The facility is an industrial environment and will best suit candidates whose career journey has exposed them to industrial processing environments such as mining, heavy manufacturing or large scale construction. It is essential they have previously held a site management position or a leadership role with operational accountability for a larger site.
The role on offer provides much more than just a competitive pay rate. What really stands out is the passion you can hear in the voice of employees at all levels of the organisation and this is underpinned by genuine family values, entrepreneurial spirit, rapid career progression stories and opportunities and a variety of support programs.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY20162.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.