About the Company
Six Degrees Executive have partnered with a leading global energy business who are committed to helping its customers to reduce their environmental footprint. They supply energy solutions across electricity, gas, environmental products and energy productivity. This role will see you based in their Melbourne CBD office.
About the role
Working as part of a standalone team, this is a great opportunity to make the role of Site Reliability Engineer your own with the scope to grow. You will work closely with the external service provider to identify areas of improvement.
This role is responsible for applying best practice software engineering practices to operational systems with the goal of creating highly available, highly scalable and secure systems. The SRE will be responsible for security, availability, performance, monitoring and incident response processes, collaborating with teams (internal and external) that own the systems to deliver outcomes, you will fill knowledge and technical gaps between the teams, taking ownership of Service Operations and supporting platforms.
This role requires an individual who can collaborate with technical teams to win hearts and minds. You must inspire and support the software engineering group to build on top of this base and deliver tangible benefits.
- Experience implementing Dev Ops practices and Site Reliability Engineering in an environment where these practices currently don't exist;
- Experience with, and detailed understanding of, major development platforms such as Python, modern application development frameworks;
- Understanding of SaaS systems (CRM, Billing, Market gateways, data lakes/pipelines);
- Thorough understanding of the AWS 'Well Architected Framework' and how to apply the 6 pillars;
- Experience with, and detailed understanding of, modern operational paradigms including Cloud Services and how they could be leveraged in new and existing software;
- Experience implementing automated monitoring systems;
- Experience implementing and executing triage processes and issue management and resolution processes;
- A skill for debugging systems without a full understanding of their operations, with a focus on resolving the root cause of the issue rather than the current symptom;
- Strong Stakeholder management skills and the ability to adapt, manage and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated success driving process and technical improvements through collaboration with teams;
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested, please click on the APPLY button