About the company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Lead to join this lively and innovative digital media business.
A great time to join this startup as they enter their next stage of growth and have exciting growth plans.
About the role
With their growth strategy in full swing, they have a number of big and exciting projects in the pipeline and are building a team of developers to bring these projects to life.
As the Engineering Lead, your key responsibility lies in the future planning and execution of their technical landscape to take into other regions and markets.
Reporting to the CTO you will lead, educate and mentor our passionate group of engineers in order to ensure their squads run to success and allow the business to achieve its broader vision. An innovative and 'outside the box' thinker are important attributes required to be successful in the role, with a mindset to continuously improve the company's technology, functionality and processes.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical leadership & management - train, educate and lead the engineering group across all technical areas whilst actively contributing to the company's technical solution architecture
- Continuously review and improve engineering processes with a focus on improving operational efficiency
- Building and developing engineering squads that meet a high level of quality in software engineering
- Collaborating with the security team to ensure our infrastructure and data are protected
- The continued delivery of a highly scalable, stable and performant platform across our product and brand suites
About the candidate
A great opportunity for a Senior Engineer or Solution Architect to take the next step in their career!
The ideal candidate is someone who actively codes at a high level and governs architecture discussions.
Whilst needing to be able to "code" some of the time, the focus of this role is moreso on technical leadership and advisory. As such, you will have a strong technical background in software development but also be able to work closely with senior executives and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in building and leading software engineering functions within a digital/online business.
You will have extensive experience architecting complex systems as a Senior Engineer or in a specialist role.
Technical skills required:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure management and the use of IaC frameworks
- Strong programming experience in designing and developing APIs, microservices, ETL pipes and end-user product features.
- Strong database management for scaling applications (RDS & NoSQL)
This is a great opportunity to join this exciting online business as they continue to grow and scale.
You will join a highly passionate team and a competitive salary is also on offer.
How to apply:
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click on the APPLY button above.