Six Degrees Executive are excited to be working exclusively with the University of Queensland (UQ) as they embark on an exciting journey to revolutionise their student journey. Founded in 1909, UQ has carved out and established an enviable reputation as one of Australia's leading institutions; globally ranked in the top 50, UQ continuously strives for excellence with their overarching vision to inspire knowledge leadership for a better world.
Primary Purpose of Position
The Customer Systems and Digital Solution Architect is responsible for the development of the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan. The role reports to the CX Program Manager (CRM) and has no direct reports. This role will have significant stakeholder engagement, program budget management, and be required to deliver under demanding timescales.
- Gather requirements and specifications from internal clients and end users by working closely with solution design partners or enterprise architect to gain a complete sense of stakeholder expectations and limitations before undertaking a major development project.
- Examine existing systems and programs to identify areas for improvement and integration, and provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on technology investment.
- Define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives, and identify potential issues between systems and client specifications and propose new solutions to work around these limitations.
- Develop project specifications, which may schedules, test plans, and documentation based on analyst reports, project guidelines and milestones.
- Determining a project's scope prior to developers begin any major work, including extra research on existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project/program with enterprise-level systems.
- Identify areas where implementation may require more solutions to be successful.
- Direct and oversee the activities of a team of developers, answering questions or helping to resolve issues as they arise, ensuring that specifications and requirements are clearly articulated to their development teams.
- Monitor timelines and progress to ensure that team members are adhering to these specifications.
- Serve as a liaison between client-facing personnel and developers. Work with developers to develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes
- Liaise with internal clients to provide feedback and updates on development projects by way of reports, presentations, and demonstrations to inform about issues that arise during development, and report on integration and deployment.
- Work with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the software solution with consideration to costs and ensuring that vendors meet deadlines for deliverables and project elements.
- Postgraduate qualifications or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field with extensive experience in a customer systems solutions, application, enterprise or infrastructure architecture role in a complex environment, using systems, including:
- Customer-focussed systems such such as CRM, Content Management Systems, and Advertising technology
- Middleware architectures and technologies, such as Mulesoft
- Integrating cloud-based application systems
- Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF
- Demonstrated experience with data cleansing, transformation, and management, as well as migration projects to a new system and/or the cloud.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Proven ability to analyse a client's current systems and determine overall project needs and scope, with a understanding of the software development lifecycle (including development schedules and milestones), and experience in major integration and middleware projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to negotiate, analyse, and resolve issues and maintain relationships with stakeholders and direct reports.
- Proven experience working successfully in a team environment to achieve objectives.
- An alignment with the University's Mission, Vision, and Values.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Jonathan Hall on 07 3153 9903
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants