headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. By 2019, headspace will have 110 centres nationally and has to date, provided over 2 million services to Australia's youth. To increase the effectiveness of communication delivery across a complex stakeholder group, there is an exciting new opportunity to pioneer a new model of stakeholder engagement.
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager for is a newly created role, reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing. The role is s responsible for developing and implementing a new approach to engagement across a large group of internal and external stakeholders. Working as a Business Partner to key stakeholder groups and utilising the IAP2 model, the Stakeholder Engagement Manager will ultimately develop and embed phase one of the national stakeholder strategy which focuses on the headspace centre network in consultation with all divisions. There is an opportunity to develop phase two of the strategy which focuses on peak health bodies, government and the education sector. This role will deliver consistent stakeholder communications and promote key stakeholder activities and manage the coordination of our engagement efforts at a national level.
This role is an initial 2 year contract.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Stakeholder Engagement Manager will have:
- Extensive experience managing large groups of stakeholders across complex organisations
- The ability to influence and guide key stakeholders to deliver effective outcomes
- Expertise working within the IAP2 model of stakeholder engagement The ability to identify opportunities to promote organisational goals to benefit stakeholder groups including program delivery
- A background in stakeholder strategy development and implementation
- The ability to understand the complexity of healthcare stakeholder models or complex government structures
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating skills
- A proven track record of tailoring communications to best engage with complex stakeholder groups
- The ability to work with executive stakeholders to develop key strategies for engagement
- A broad understanding of the Australian health services system would be advantageous
- Experience in government relations would be beneficial
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.