About the company
Our client is an Australian success story. Privately owned, they have a rich history dating back over 40 years and today proudly employ over 800 staff across every state. Their essential environmental services provide safety to communities through contractual partnerships with Utilities, Government, Council and commercial. With a very strong balance sheet, they are primed for the next phase of growth with a focus on the customer, innovation and potential M&A.
About the role
This critical role will provide both operational and commercial leadership across a $60M+ operation with over 300 staff, taking full P&L responsibility and driving the customer-centric growth agenda across Victoria and Tasmania.
- Reporting to the COO the State Manager for Victoria and Tasmania is responsible for building a high performance and inclusive culture, ensuring best practice both commercially and operationally.
- Assist with preparation of major tenders, quotations, RFI'S, RFP'S, manage the bid process and seek out internal support when required
- Coach, train and develop the team to lift overall capability prioritising safety, the community and the environment - direct team 13 and 300 + field service
- Build & maintain strong personal relationships with key client stakeholders, ensuring contractual compliance in service delivery to retain & grow major customers.
- Identify new business growth opportunities in emerging markets or solutions
- Position the business unit to achieve sustainable solid financial growth that meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly, and yearly targets agreed with the executive leadership team
- Build a Centre of Excellence in the completely new Melbourne offices, setting the benchmark for the business nationally
Skills & Experience
- Be degree qualified in a related business or industry field
- Authentic, hands-on leader who enjoys being in the field with teams & customer
- Strong influencing skills with a modern humanist leadership style
- Ideally have experience coming from an industrial service style business - Transport, Facilities, Hire Industry, Waste Management etc
- Exceptional business financial/commercial acumen understands the numbers and commercial impacts of the decisions they make with respect to the top and bottom line
- Complex contract management experience
- Agile in decision making, values driven & community minded
- The ideal candidate will have spent time in both corporate and private environments
- Work with a highly engaged & newly formed executive leadership team - brand new Centre of Excellence office located in Melbourne
- A highly attractive package is on offer which will be tailored to attract the best leader in the market
- Join a business with a strong purpose, an environmental conscious and great people focus/community feel
- New fresh, modern working environment
- Represent a market leader in growth mode
- Great long-term career prospects - clear succession plan
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 86133561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC19578
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.