About the Company
This organisation is a national leader in the supply of engineered building products within the frame, roof truss, flooring and timber categories. Holding a national footprint and history of innovation and partnering with key customers, they are a national wholesaler linking the trade and major building customers together.
About the Role
To continue the legacy of growth and success, the organisation requires an experienced GM level operator to lead the local operation into the future with responsibility for overall sales, operations, profitability, process optimisation and EBITA. This is a transformation and change led role.
- Be part of the leadership group and have full P&L responsibility for the State
- Lead the local operations including sales, operations, HSE, and HR related matters
- Drive process improvement to drive efficiency and maximise profit
- Review end to end process for the business and identify short and longer term improvements prioritised according to risk and service delivery
- Review current versus projected revenues versus capacity
- Lead customer interactions at a top to top level
- Experienced in a manufacturing and distribution environment within the building products industry
- Have led a P&L
- Have worked across and led sales and operations functions but must be customer focussed and experienced (negotiations) with major builders or the trade wholesalers
- Have led process improvement and led transformation and change as well as implemented continuous improvement (lean) concepts, processes and improvements.
- Strong leader of people
- Can collaborate with other State GMs for best practice outcomes
- Part of a new leadership group undergoing a nationwide change and transformation program to drive profit and sustainability
- Established business with healthy balance sheet, global partnerships enabling unique sourcing capability
- Privately owned with opportunities for future career pathways
- Highly attractive package including base salary, car, super an bonus (circa $250,000 negotiable plus bonus)
Please contact Nick Hindhaugh at Six Degrees Executive on 03 8613 3522 for a confidential discussion or simply click the APPLY button.