Our client who is truly a nationally recognised brand and company are looking to expand their team due to growth and high performance. They are looking to recruit a State Operations Manager to join the companies third largest site here in Central Sydney.
As the State Operations Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of this site while also managing sister site across NSW region. This involves planning and directing at a state level to ensure business strategies and future plans for the company are met. These requirements are broad and include imaging, data capture, validation and general operation requirements.
Some other responsibilities include;
- Managing a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for full-time and casual employees
- Oversee and manage daily workload planning, materials planning, labor coordination, review and corrective action to line efficiency, Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Support the Head of National Operations with ongoing sales quotation process to ensure proper costing is provided to the customer and will meet the company's expectations for profitability
- Develop and manage relationships with agency labor partners designed to deliver on business requirements
- Maximize the performance of the systems utilized in management of the operation to ensure: care, custody and control of Customer inventory to include materials management processes for packaging materials, materials, productivity and capacity, invoicing, and quality.
- Setting the expectations and be the champion for your team, providing guidance toward continuous improvement and leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Drive your team's development through the endless learning opportunities the company promote internal and offer internally
- Degree qualifications in Management, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering or a related manufacturing disciplines
- A demonstrated achievement of improvement & change in a traditional manufacturing / distribution environment
- Experience with industrial relations and fore-fronting enterprise agreement negotiations
- A track record of driving CI and change in a manufacturing environment
- Training in continuous improvement methodology would be highly advantageous (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma), and understanding of Industry 4.0
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all level
How to apply
- Click on the APPLY button or contact Steve McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc15633