About the company
Our client is a global privately-owned organisation that prides itself on its family culture and values of doing what's right. This global business are the market leader in their field and have been successfully trading european designed and manufactured high end quality products across the Australian engineering, construction & hardware industry for +50 years with further growth plans into the Asia Pacific region.
Due to VIC market and industry growth year on year, an exciting opportunity has presented itself to expand the team and look for a State Sales Manager with an engineering background.
About the role
An integral part of this role is managing, mentoring and coaching a technical sales team, this person will be responsible for state performance and developing the individual team capabilities. Reporting directly into the Australian MD based in Sydney, you will lead a team of fsix sales professionals to deliver on their budget and grow the state revenue.
In this role you will continue the focus on strong and profitable commercial outcomes, along with executing on the following:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies, with the emphasis on products and solution selling.
- Manage, mentor and coach the State Sales Team, improving overall performance while promoting a high-performance sale culture.
- Build deep strategic relationships at multiple levels within the large client portfolios.
- Identify new areas to maximize profits and grow state revenue.
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate these key skills and experience:
- A high degree of commercial acumen. (i.e. excellent communication skills, businesses development, contract negotiation, and marketing skills)
- A proven ability to drive team performance and growth in a technical solution-based sales environment.
- Experience (5 years) in a similar role (strong experience managing sales teams) with demonstrated results across sales growth and improved field execution.
- Experience working within the industrial engineering industry, hardware or construction materials markets
The culture is open, supportive and based on trust which allows for flexibility, autonomy, independence and a strong collaborative working environment, the making ingredients for a high-performing team.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on 0386133561 for a confidential discussion.