About the company
Our client, an essential services organisation in Melbourne, is seeking a senior communications professional to join their team. The role is essential to the positioning and reputation of the organisation with their people, customers, industry and government stakeholders. Permanent ongoing position based in the Inner West.
About the role
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will work closely with key business and government stakeholders, industry and internal clients, to deliver high quality communications support and advice. The role exists to advocate for and deliver strategic and specialist customer communications, managing opportunities and risks associated with their operations and reputation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategically guide, influence and provide customer/stakeholder engagement and communications advice for business-wide strategic plans, activities and initiatives
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications plans for business-wide strategic plans, activities and initiatives
- Works with Community Engagement team to develop communications and engagement plans in line with the IAP2 framework
- Represent the organisation on industry-wide collaborations, and lead or assist in the delivery of associated engagement and communication activities
- Produce well researched communications collateral for regulatory reports, publications, industry presentations as required
- Develop innovative responses to complex customer or stakeholder engagement issues where defined policy, procedures and precedents do not always exist
- Advocate within the business for the best customer outcome, using customer insights data and analytics where possible
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in similar senior communications position within a government organisation, and proven ability to:
- Develop and implement of strategic communications and engagement strategies and plans. IAP2 advantageous but not essential
- Build strong relationships internally, as well as with customers and key stakeholders; including other levels of government.
- Identify and mitigate reputational risks and opportunities
- Produce high-quality communications collateral for a range of audiences; translating complex or technical information for the lay audience
- Deliver strong project outcomes through collaboration with stakeholders groups
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
How to apply
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click on the APPLY button above to submit your application. Also feel free to add me on LinkedIn to keep update on other opportunities; https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurenmaddensde/