About the company
Our client is one of Australia's leading sporting organisations and a high profile independent governing body that represents the sport and plays an integral part in the Victorian culture, economy and social calendar. In the highly competitive world of sport, our client is constantly assessing how to engage with audiences to improve enjoyment of the sport, attract more participants and increase revenue generation and commercial activities. To achieve this they have created a new role to support the assessment and development of strategies to deliver growth.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for identifying and delivering solutions to respond to corporate and industry related challenges:
Key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the exec team in assessing trends, products and market forces to develop appropriate strategies and commercial solutions, including the 5 year plan
- Regular market insight, analysis and tracking category performance to help identify opportunities that enable future sustainability and growth
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver innovative solutions
- Scenario modelling, analytics, reporting and developing highly commercial business cases
- Leading a small team of analysts
Experience & Skills
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified and have well rounded commercial and strategic capability along with first class analytics, ideally gained from management consulting, professional services, gaming, sport or entertainment sectors. Candidates could also come from adjacent sectors, such as banking and corporate finance, that research and assess the sport and gaming sectors. An understanding of sectors with complex stakeholder groups including corporate partnerships, JVs, government and industry bodies will be highly regarded.
You will also have:
- Proven track history of success in developing and presenting robust business cases
- High level of commercial and financial acumen combined with the ability to influence executive decisions
- Exceptional modelling and analytics capability
- A track record delivering solutions aligned to complex industry / market challenges
- Understanding of the role of digital platforms and content
If this sounds like it's for you, then please push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV. You can also contact David Braham on 03 8613 3533 for a confidential discussion.