About the company
This privately-owned Australian manufacturing business is a market leader supplying high quality personal care products through retail and industrial channels. Founded in Melbourne and with a multi-site manufacturing operation, they are well positioned to continue their strong growth performance through local and export markets. Currently there exists an opportunity for a Supply Chain and Purchasing manager to join the business during this exciting expansion phase.
About the role
The Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager is responsible for the supply/purchasing of raw materials required to ensure customer demand is met.
- Plan and issue purchase orders in accordance with production and materials requirement planning.
- Manage product forecasts and customer demand in conjunction with Sales team.
- Reporting on inventory as per established forecast.
- Coordinate incoming raw materials with logistics partners.
- Liaise and negotiate with key suppliers on pricing and trading terms.
- Review bill of materials in conjunction with Innovation team and adjust if required.
- Negotiations with suppliers leading to best in market prices for materials & services.
Skills and Experience
- 5 + years' experience in a similar role. Relevant degree qualification, Exposure to manufacturing environments pivotal
- International purchasing experience
- Superior communication skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Information system use and MS Excel advanced level
- Problem solving via data analysis
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Mark Yeoman (03 8613 3534) for a confidential discussion.