About the company
Our client is a well established brand with over 40 years in the construction materials sector. They are passionate about their ability to positively impact the community in the Solomon Islands, and live this ethos through every function in the business.
About the role
Based in Honiara in the Solomon Islands, this role will report in to the GM. You will lead planning, procurement, logistics & inventory functions, with particular on developing, implementing and maintaining category strategies to drive further growth.
- Work to lead the business as they scale to deliver significant volumes, while managing cost constraints that come with supplying a regional location across hundres of skus.
- Align closely with service suppliers to manage and improve contract performance and extract maximum value for negotiated arrangements.
- Work with sales teams to improve forecasting, as well as tailor service solutions to enable ease of business with clients nationally.
- Manage and provide the business with visibility of the commercials of running product through the supply chain. This will enable the business to make commercially sound decisions in relation to COGs, margin, or even what product to pull through the supply chain, and how; to ensure product is delivered when and where it is required, as cost effectively as possible.
- Lead negotiations with product and service providers in order to maintain cost benchmarking.
- Strive to improve inventory processes, with a strong understanding of Lean tools and systems.
- Mentoring & development of teams below this role will be key in order to develop robust succession plans.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
- Experience leading end to end supply chain functions in a fast paced and high volume operations (ideally with previous regional and/or building materials experience).
- Strong track record delivery supply chain improvements.
- Procurement pedigree across both direct and indirect categories (for both goods and services).
- Hands-on logistics management both warehouse and transport.
- Mentoring & Development focus in order to create succession planning for teams in Supply Chain division.
- Formalised qualifications in Supply Chain.
- Strong financial & commercial acumen.
- Exposure to import/export functions.
- Advanced MS Excel capability.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own and shape the next chapter of an organisation working to support the beautiful Solomon Islands. This role offers a generous salary package including housing, vehicle, medical, utilities, communications and travel.
How to apply
Please apply via the link or call Daniel Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.