A leading industrial manufacturing business are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator to support them with the safe and efficient delivery of their products Nationwide. The role will see you act as the interface between the manufacturing plant and all transport activities. Due to the nature of their business, they work in a high pressured and fast paced environment, therefore are interested in a professional who is seeking a challenging and rewarding role.
* Schedule and coordinate delivery activities of products to meet customer expectations
* Interact with multiple vendors/carriers and manage their activities to ensure compliance
* Coordinate complex transport movements, ensuring routes are planned effectively and vehicles are efficiently loaded
* Monitor carrier performance against agreed objectives and contractual obligations
* Investigate service and DIFOT fails and recommend corrective actions
* Knowledge of Supply Chain processes in a manufacturing environment, ideally with experience in inventory management
* Intermediate statistical analysis skills
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite with SAP experience an advantage but not essential
* Dangerous goods experience
* Commercial / contractual exposure to service provider agreements
* Resilience, patience, and a passion for solving problems
This is a 6 month contract role with a view of permanency.
If you feel you have the relevant skills required, then please apply immediately.