About the business:
Our client are the global market leader in Hardware & Power Tools, a high profile blue-chip brand who specialise in the manufacture and distribution of high quality power tools across the construction, building and industrial industries. They are renowned for their loyal customer following and being at the forefront of innovation, and are continually investing in their employees through learning and development. Their relationships with key retail partners continues to go from strength to strength and they pride themselves on best practice sales and partnerships.
About the role:
Currently our client is looking for a commercially savvy, solutions focused sales professional to manage a territory covering Central Coast through to Grafton but majority of the work will be in Newcastle, growing and building business relationships with independent hardware stores and pulling end-users through the channel within their territory, identifying opportunities to expand their broad range of solutions by understanding their customers' needs.
Reporting to the Region Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a key group of customers within the Hardware channel, building stronger relationships though joint business planning.
- Solution selling to a diverse portfolio of clients, including Retail, Business Owners, Builders and Trade Contractors.
- Developing quotes, tenders, pricing strategies for large project work and account managing ongoing business.
- Managing a large territory consisting of over 200 accounts.
Ideally the successful person will have industry knowledge and a strong work ethic to hunt new business, grow & retain current accounts and work within a strong and supportive best practice team environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience or desire to work as a Territory Manager, Sales Representative, Business Development Manager or Account Manager ideally within building products or similarly technical solutions industry.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to analyse customer needs to build out a solution.
- Experience working with distributors, building joint business plans and working with end-users
- Solid planning and time management skills.
- Most important, the ability to think outside the box, high achievement drive and collaborative team working style.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dom Paton on (02) 8024 7105 for a confidential discussion.