About the business
With a huge international footprint and market leading brands across a number of categories this organisation is quite unique for a Sydney based FMCG business. Our client is one of Australia's leading food companies, operating in more than 50 countries.
Offering excellent flexibility, modern CBD based office and extensive training and development, partnered with a high performing culture and highbred FMCG mentorship. A rare opportunity has now become available for a highly commercial marketer with a passion for international culture and consumer diversity. This role will lead business integral projects in the Pacific Islands, where they hold significant market share and leading brands.
About the role
As part of the Pacific international team, you will carry a significant share of the business within a high growth market. With 50% growth in the past few years alone and aggressive plans to continue. With significant market share, high penetration, and strong social awareness, with #1 and 2 brands across the globe, this is a truly exciting business division.
The Trade Marketing Manager will report into a Sydney based Head of Pacific in a small team of 3. You will be in a business-critical role providing the marketing connection between 13 different state markets including; Fiji, New Caledonia, Cook Islands, Solomon Islands, French Polynesia and many more. Once the borders are lifted, you will spend one week a month in the Pacific Islands, working on the ground with your distributors and retail teams to drive exciting marketing initiates. You will promote highly emotive and engaging activations with consumer such as a fibre glass boat in Fiji as a gift with purchase, or a live stream fishing competition.
- Manage 13 state markets within the Pacific Islands to drive and execute trade marketing plans
- Lead & communicate business initiatives and marketing activities such as; Activations, NPD and key opportunities
- Launch and negotiate promotional plans across differentiated consumer markets
- Liaise closely with key distributors and marketing partners to drive impactful and emotional activities
- Manage communications and decision making across high internal and external stakeholders
- Drive business reporting and forecasting, highlighting key initiatives as the bridge between Sydney HQ and Pacific Islands.
Skills & Experience
Due to the broad breadth and excitement of this role, we are looking for a talented marketer with a hunger to try 'something else' …. You will be a people person, with a natural flair communicating and project leading tasks with a variety of people at different levels. This role like the regions, is diverse and requires someone who enjoys a varied role that blends marketing and commercial sales together in this CV gold dust role.
- Ideally 5+ FMCG experience within either a Marketing or Sales role
- You are ideally working as a Brand Manager, Trade Marketer or National Account professional
- Experience working in other regions outside of Australia, ideally in the Pacific Islands or Asia Pacific is highly regarded
- Proven success executing engaging activations working closely with a range of stakeholders and distributors
- Outstanding project management from a remote or highly autonomous environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to people of varying levels
- Commercial mindset with strong financial and reporting background
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Commerce or similar.
- Flexibility to travel internationally 1 week a month minimum is a MUST
How to apply
To apply, click on the APPLY button below or contact Donna Tutte on LinkedIn to discuss further; https://www.linkedin.com/in/donna-tutte-5872a78b/