About our Client
With a heritage spanning over 100 years and with many locations across the country, our client is one of Australia's leading industrial service specialists, servicing a diverse range of industry sectors. Due to an internal move, they are currently looking for an experienced Logistics professional to join their national leadership team in the capacity of Transport Manager Southern Region.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Transport Manager, the Transport Manager Southern Region is accountable for the delivery of an efficient, effective and safe transport operation, working closely with state business units and branch network to implement national strategies and identify and execute business improvements to create a best in class transport management function. The Transport Manager for the Southern Region will be tasked with creating a culture of safety and compliance whilst managing the chain of responsibility, customer service and delivering cost control programs and standardisation of operations.
We are looking for a forward thinking, progressive and established Transport Manager who has a proven track record in transport operations and logistics with a deep understanding of OHS, and transport legislation and regulations. In addition you will be able to demonstrate your abilities and expertise in the following:
- Implementing strategic initiatives, processes and procedures to deliver safe, efficient and cost effective transport solutions
- Confident negotiator, consultative and directive in approach with strong influencing skills to driving outcomes
- Track key performance indicators, identifying opportunities and take action to achieve operational and safety excellence
- Develop and maintain high levels of customer confidence in products and transport services
- Natural leader of people who can support, train and develop future transport management talent
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on 0401 023 349 for a confidential discussion.