About the company
My client is a market leader in their space and has seen significant growth over the last 2-3 years. They are one of Australia's oldest manufacturers that have brands that come with a strong reputation for quality, reliability and integrity.
About the role
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will support the team in delivering improvement to the transport planning and fleet utilisation function. Concentrating on the multi-modal internal and customer transport network to deliver an optimised distribution network to improve safety, service, and cost to deliver.
- Planning the transport and fleet utilization for the distribution of finished goods.
- Implementing daily optimised centralised transport planning, route modelling and scheduling across all brands for specified region to meet internal and external demands
- Implement system efficiencies
- Collaborate with internal logistics teams and external stakeholders.
- Working in conjunction with the customer service/sales team to ensure agreed services levels are reached and maintained.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a transport planning in 3PL environments, FMCG or Building/ Bulky products.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, commercial and organisational skills
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain, Engineering, or similar discipline
- Previous experience working with ERP/MRP systems or Transport planning systems. SAP exposure is beneficial.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Mark Yeoman on (03) 8613 3534 for a confidential discussion.